Life During And After Divorce
Divorce is never easy. It represents change, conflict and often disappointment and pain.
When our clients come to see us, we know we’re seeing them at their most vulnerable and stressed times in their lives. They come to us with complex questions about property division, seemingly unsolvable conflicts about child custody and sometimes acute emotional or financial crises.
Thilges & Bernhardt, Attorneys at Law, LLC we believe that although this is a difficult process, it can also be a time of opportunity and growth, especially if you are able to keep control of the process and the decisions about your future, and that of your family.
Our lawyers and staff want to help you keep that control.
Maintaining Calm In A Storm
Our clients come with many questions, including:
- What is the process of divorce?
- What is the timeline? When will this be over?
- How much will this cost me in terms of attorney fees?
- What about other costs such as spousal support (alimony) and child support?
- How will we divide our property?
- What will happen to our debts?
- What if our assets include businesses, considerable investments or other complex property?
- What are my rights as a parent?
- What if we make decisions today and then find them unsuitable in the future? Can we change them?
We will answer all of your questions, as well as many that you may not even be aware need to be answered during your divorce.
Once the process of settling your family matters begins, we will do our best to help you make your own decisions through negotiation and mediation, but will also stand ready to litigate on your behalf if necessary.